Accessibility Statement for Gresham Works
This statement applies to https://www.greshamworks.co.uk.
This website is run by Leicester City Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- Some text does not meet WCAG minimum colour contrast requirements
- Content is partially obscured when zoomed to 400%
- Some buttons and elements cannot be used with a keyboard only
- Visible labels do not always match the accessible name
- Hidden elements have focusable content
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you soon.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: the Web Management Team at email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Leicester City Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some text does not meet WCAG minimum colour contrast requirements. This is a failure of the WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum).
- Content is partially obscured when zoomed to 400%. This is a failure of the WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 1.4.10 Reflow and 1.4.4 Resize Text.
- Some buttons and elements cannot be used with a keyboard only. This is a failure of the WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 2.1.1 Keyboard.
- Visible labels do not always match the accessible name. This is a failure of the WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 2.5.3 Label in Name.
- Hidden elements have focusable content. This is a failure of the WCAG 2.1 Success Criterion 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value and 1.3.1 Info and Relationships.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will be working to make improvements to this website soon.
In order to fix the outlined issues we will be:
- Ensuring all text meet minimum colour contrast requirements
- Removing text that partially obscures content when zoomed to 400%
- Fixing slider element on mobile so that it can be used with keyboard only
- Updating aria labels on ‘Pause Animations’ button to ensure visible labels match the accessible name
- Update contact form to ensure no hidden elements
These actions will be completed by 18th March 2022
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 1st February 2022. It was last reviewed on 9th February 2022.This website was last tested on 9th February 2022. The test was carried out by Leicester City Council.